This week has been very similar to the passed few weeks, but we've been staying very busy, so that's fun! :)
Mom, to answer your question Mandarin has 4 tones (flat, rising, falling/rising, and falling) and Cantonese has 6 tones (high flat, middle flat, low flat, low falling, low rising, and middle rising). Also, they have the same written language, but the pronunciation is different (so same grammar, just different pronunciation). It's been really fun to learn this dialect and I know that the Lord is helping me every step that I take. :)
That's so exciting that Cole get his cast off! I forgot that he had one on! I'm sure most people don't even realize he has a cast for how busy he always is! Sound like he's loving Stars Wars now. Haha :)
Mom, to answer your question Mandarin has 4 tones (flat, rising, falling/rising, and falling) and Cantonese has 6 tones (high flat, middle flat, low flat, low falling, low rising, and middle rising). Also, they have the same written language, but the pronunciation is different (so same grammar, just different pronunciation). It's been really fun to learn this dialect and I know that the Lord is helping me every step that I take. :)
That's so exciting that Cole get his cast off! I forgot that he had one on! I'm sure most people don't even realize he has a cast for how busy he always is! Sound like he's loving Stars Wars now. Haha :)
Kristin sounds like she's had an awesome freshman year.
Kristin you're awesome! Keep up the good work!! I definitely look up to
you!! :)
I'm sorry to hear about Emma, but I'll keep her in my prayers. Heavenly Father will bless her and our family. He wants us to be happy, so He will help us and comfort us.
I'm sorry to hear about Emma, but I'll keep her in my prayers. Heavenly Father will bless her and our family. He wants us to be happy, so He will help us and comfort us.
I bet Sarah had a ton of fun seeing Radiohead! Honestly, I'm
not that big of a fan, but Brianne is probably wishes she could have
gone with Sarah because she loves them!
That's so great
that Ashley and Jeff and the family are doing so great! What an exciting
adventure!!! I just sent my letters to you all (Ashley and Jeff)! When
you write back, I'd love to hear more about this adventure you might be
having in Colorado! :)
How's Reid and Susie and Abigail doing?? I bet Reid is wildly insanely busy right now and Susie's having some fun with Abigail. P.S. How is the little bun in the oven? Do we have a name for the baby yet?
I'm so excited for Sean and Lia to legally be a part of our family!!! How are they doing?? It's so sweet to hear how excited Lia is! Sean seems like he'll fit in with our family so well. Especially Cole and Emma. :) I'm SO excited for them to truly be a part of our family!!!!!
Sound like You and dad are doing so great as well! Staying busy is always fun! How are the tomatoes and chickens doing? I laughed when mom told me that Vita picks the eggs up and brings them to mom. Haha :)
Well this week has been pretty cool! On Sunday, the devotional was excellent. A member of the MTC Presidency's daughters did a great musical number on Lead Kindly Light, and Elder Archuleta sang The Spirit of God. Elder Ballard spoke and it was an excellent talk. He spoke about following the Spirit's promptings more. It really got me excited to teach in Hong Kong!
Well I've been really thinking about the Savior's Atonement this passed week. The amount of love He has for the world is amazing. I can never be thankful enough for Him being willing to take upon the sins of the world so that we can repent and live with God again. He didn't atone for us as a group. He atoned for us individually. He knows the pain that we go through. He knows the sadness that we feel. He knows of every trial and tribulation we have gone through, we're currently going through, and will be going through in our lives. We are not alone. I am not alone. You are not alone. As we go through the difficulties life brings us, Christ is there with us every step of the way right by our side. We just need to recognize His love. Let Him into your heart. In Preach My Gospel (a book that helps missionaries teach Christ's Gospel) it says (paraphrasing) that the more you understand about the Savior's Atonement, the more you'll want everyone to know of it. As my testimony grows of our Savior, I've realized that I truly need to let everyone know of the glorious power of the Atonement. It heals. It allows people to know they are not the only ones that have gone through a certain difficulties. It enables. It allows us to repent so we don't have to look back. So we don't have to hold on to pain, guilt, or sorrow. The Atonement is real. Christ suffered for me. He suffered for you. I know this to be true. If you truly want to know, ask God. He is all knowing. He'll let you know in one way or another.
Love,
Elder Johnson :)
How's Reid and Susie and Abigail doing?? I bet Reid is wildly insanely busy right now and Susie's having some fun with Abigail. P.S. How is the little bun in the oven? Do we have a name for the baby yet?
I'm so excited for Sean and Lia to legally be a part of our family!!! How are they doing?? It's so sweet to hear how excited Lia is! Sean seems like he'll fit in with our family so well. Especially Cole and Emma. :) I'm SO excited for them to truly be a part of our family!!!!!
Sound like You and dad are doing so great as well! Staying busy is always fun! How are the tomatoes and chickens doing? I laughed when mom told me that Vita picks the eggs up and brings them to mom. Haha :)
Well this week has been pretty cool! On Sunday, the devotional was excellent. A member of the MTC Presidency's daughters did a great musical number on Lead Kindly Light, and Elder Archuleta sang The Spirit of God. Elder Ballard spoke and it was an excellent talk. He spoke about following the Spirit's promptings more. It really got me excited to teach in Hong Kong!
Well I've been really thinking about the Savior's Atonement this passed week. The amount of love He has for the world is amazing. I can never be thankful enough for Him being willing to take upon the sins of the world so that we can repent and live with God again. He didn't atone for us as a group. He atoned for us individually. He knows the pain that we go through. He knows the sadness that we feel. He knows of every trial and tribulation we have gone through, we're currently going through, and will be going through in our lives. We are not alone. I am not alone. You are not alone. As we go through the difficulties life brings us, Christ is there with us every step of the way right by our side. We just need to recognize His love. Let Him into your heart. In Preach My Gospel (a book that helps missionaries teach Christ's Gospel) it says (paraphrasing) that the more you understand about the Savior's Atonement, the more you'll want everyone to know of it. As my testimony grows of our Savior, I've realized that I truly need to let everyone know of the glorious power of the Atonement. It heals. It allows people to know they are not the only ones that have gone through a certain difficulties. It enables. It allows us to repent so we don't have to look back. So we don't have to hold on to pain, guilt, or sorrow. The Atonement is real. Christ suffered for me. He suffered for you. I know this to be true. If you truly want to know, ask God. He is all knowing. He'll let you know in one way or another.
Love,
Elder Johnson :)
No comments:
Post a Comment