Saturday, May 26, 2012

May 23 2012

Hi Mom!
The flight really was nice! I slept soooo much! :D
Sounds like you and dad are still being the super human parents you've always been! Wonder Parents!

[insert drawing of you two here]

That's so great that you are able to see so many people at church! I bet they really appreciate your visits. I never realized how much a visit means until I came into the mission field. We're teaching two boys ages 10ish and 11ish of a less-active family right now. We visited them last week on Friday, and encouraged them to go back to church. Then the next day they showed up to the ward activity and the next they went to church! Just small visits really do help others come closer to Christ. So keep being amazing! I really look up to you two-always finding time to do things to help other people, I really appreciate that. :)

Wow! That'll be so much fun for Kristin to go to San Fran! I can so see her loving that. :) I'm so proud of her making it into the advanced choir! I love that when she has an ambition she just goes for it. Quite an admirable trait to have.

SARAH!!!!! She's home now!!! I miss her so much too! We went to Wan Chai on Hong Kong Island to see Elder Oaks speak, and the whole place reminded me of Sarah. She would have LOVED it. It's just a really cool city! Literally, though. That whole day I was thinking...man. Sarah would LOVE this place.
Haha, Roxy and Vita WOULD get angry with Reece. ;) Poor Reid...I mean...Reece. :)

That's so exciting that Kristin got her patriarchal blessing! I wish I had been there, but that's ok, I was there in spirit. :)

Yeah, so this week has been pretty interesting! On Saturday we had a music service for one of the wards and all the people that have come to the guitar lessons performed and then we watched the Restoration DVD. It was definitely an interesting experience. Social anxiety plus not having an idea as to what people are saying was a little stressful, but that's ok, because I know that with faith and hard work, God will bless me and help me better understand what the people are saying. :)

It was either that day or the day before where we were looking for a less-active members apartment, but NOBODY in the area had any idea where their chyun (apartment building) was. So we did a lot of finding and tracting. I think that that place is  one of the only places that you can go tracting in the mission.
That place is so neat though because you can see ShenZin (city in mainland) across the water from where we were!

Last night we chenged out (members fed us...I love that term. It sounds so Chinese). It was really fun, the husband is a recent convert and the wife grew up in Utah as a member and they have two little kids. They made us salmon and swedish meatballs from IKEA!!!!!!!! (I was going to reminisce with them about Ashley and I dreaming about IKEA and drooling over the catalog both then and now...but I didn't want to bore them and you all with my wonderful *ahem*terrible*ahem* story telling skills)
BUT. I'll quit my rambling.

I hope you all are doing well, and I sure do miss you all! :)

I love you all!

-Elder Johnson :)

P.S. Still forgot to get the mission address, so I'll send it next week. :) I LOVE YOU! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment