Monday, May 7, 2012

April 23, 2012

Hello!!! :)

We just got a brand new schedule, so preparation day is on Monday!!! How is everybody doing? I hope you all are doing so wonderful!
I'm typing on a super weird keyboard right now, so if some of the words don't make sense, I apologize. Ken, you know what type of keyboard I'm talking about. The super weird one that has this random hill in the middle of the keyboard. #ergonomics

P.S. Dad, I'm not sure as to what scripture I would like to have on my plaque on the wall, but I'll tell you soon!

Anyway, this week was great! Some of the highlights of this week were:
-Finding out that my companion lives literally like 10-15 minutes away from me. I knew that he was from Yorba Linda, but I didn't know that he was THAT close!!
-Yesterday, for a musical number for the fireside, someone sang probably one of the best arrangements I have ever heard. It was an arrangement to "I Stand All Amazed". SO good! That musical number caused me to change my favorite hymn to "I Stand All Amazed". THe lyrics are so powerful, and it describes how I feel about my Savior so well. I really do stand all amazed from all of His love and devotion he offers me. Which is why I'm so excited to teach people about Christ and His gospel! The promises that are made because of His amazing and miraculous Atonement are so great! We can live with our families forever. We can live with God again. We can live with our Savior again.


One thing that I've been thinking a lot about is faith. Faith is so important in our lives. Faith causes us to come closer to our Savior and our Father in Heaven. Faith brings us hope in life. When life gets hard, when we feel like we've had enough and that we cannot do anymore, faith is the light that will guide us through the darkness. During our hardest times of our lives, faith in our Savior and our Father in Heaven will give us strength. I can't remember the direct quote, but in the Book of Mormon (Alma 26:11-12) the prophet Alma is talking about strength through the Lord. With the Lord we can do anything. "Many mighty miracles have wrought in this land" due to the strength of the Lord. Have faith that Jesus will take upon your burdens. Cast your burdens on Him so your burden will be light. Have faith that God, our Heavenly Father, will bless you. As you show your faith to Heavenly Father and lean on our Savior Jesus Christ, life's challenges will be easier to bear. I know this to be true. As I study more and pray more, and trust in the Lord more than trusting in the flesh, the challenges that are brought from serving a mission have truly become easier to bear easier to push through. Christ died for me. He died for you. If you're not sure, ask God. He is all knowing. He will tell you for you are His child.


I love you all! :)


-Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment