Saturday, May 26, 2012

May 23, 2012 for all I suppose

Hello all!

I don't have much time, but I'd just like to talk a bit about the Atonement before I have to go. I feel like I talk about this amazing and very sacred event crucial for the salvation of God's children quite often, but it is so important to know about.

I just want you all to know that I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. He has felt every physical, spiritual, emotional pain that you have felt. His Atonement was done for you. It wasn't done for a large group or just a statistic, but He performed His suffering, death, and resurrection for you. His Atonement is a personal gift given from Him to you. Through His Atonement, we are freed from death and sin. Because of His Atonement, we have amazing  potential. We can live with God again. Through repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end, I know that we can live with God forever.

I know that God loves you. He is our Eternal Father in Heaven. We are His children. Through His Only Begotten Son, we can return and live with Him again.

I know that this life's purpose is to progress and try to become better. To love more. To help more. To follow God's commandments. To strive to be even better people than we are now. I know that God loves us so much and He is so willing to forgive and help us. All we need to do is just ask.

I love you all, and I hope you all have a great week! :)

-Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment