Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Leih deih hou :) - April 10, 2012

Hello! :) This passed week was just so great, just like the other weeks here at the MTC! On Sunday, we had a special Sacrament Meeting where President Packer and his son Elder Packer spoke! It was such a great experience! The Spirit we all felt was so strong all throughout the meeting. Later that day BYU Men's Chorus performed for our Sunday devotional. It was seriously so excellent. During their performance and during the MTC choir's performance for the Easter Sacrament Meeting, I felt like I need to do something with music. I kind of got scared because last time I was a music major I got so burnt out that music was kind of getting old for me. So I don't know what's going to happen. I'll just do whatever God wants me to do though. If I love Him more than myself, than I will follow His will. (I don't think I'll be changing my major, I think that I'll still be doing International relations. I love it so much) At the temple, I had a huge prompting to speak to this lady. She was like "I noticed you too!" We spoke and she is a professor for Communicative Disorders at BYU. Her name's like Bonnie...Brindon(Sp?) Nothing huge came out of that conversation, but I didn't want to leave the temple wondering what would have happened if I hadn't followed the promptings of the Spirit.  (thank you Ashley, for teaching me about the 10 second rule) :) Thanks dad, for sending those pictures! I appreciate it :) I haven't gotten them yet, but I hope to soon! :) I'm really sorry, for asking you to send so much, but could you send me my sheet music for come thou fount of every blessing? You can just send the sheet music, I don't need the binder. If you can't find it or are unable to send it, that is a ok. :) That's so cool that Brianne got her debut on youtube!  ;) But really though, Brianne, you're so awesome! I'm praying for you and IC! I'm glad to hear grandmommy is doing well. I love her so much. If you can tell her that I said that and that I'm praying for her and grandaddy! P.S. Dad, thanks for the addresses too. :) P.P.S. I defintiely keep forgetting to tell Cole HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (about a month later...sorry buddy) :) I hope you had a great Birthday, Cole!!! It sounded like Kristin had a ton of fun at Youth Conference! I miss those days! What a great opportunity to learn more about Jesus Christ and His gospel. I'm sorry if this letter is so scatter brained. BUT if you don't get anything out of this letter except one thing, I would like you to know that Jesus Christ, our Savior, is risen. President Gordon B. Hinckley said,"Without Easter there would be no Christmas." For this exact reason, I love Easter. Easter is my favorite holiday and spring is my favorite season. The resurrection of Jesus Christ is a miracle and without it we wouldn't be able to live with our families forever. Without the resurrection, the Savior's pains and sufferings for our own personal pains, afflictions, sins, and all other imperfections would have been obsolete. He not only saved us from sin. He not only saved us from pain. He saved us from physical death so that we could live forever. What great news this is! He is there for us. Whenever we feel alone. Whenever we feel down. Whenever we feel that there is no hope. Remember. There is hope. The Savior, Jesus Christ has felt every. single. pain that we have felt. He knows EXACTLY what we are going through. Use the Atonement. Know that He is there helping us along the way. Without Him we are nothing, but with Him "many mighty miracles have wrought in this land." Easter is so great. The fact that we will live again is so wonderful. I cannot stress enough the importance of His Atonement and Ressurection. If you don't fully know if Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. Study the scriptures, pray, and go to church. Through prayer we can recieve answers to anything. We just have to ask. People can tell you all about what they know, but only God has a perfect knowledge of things. If we just sincerely ask, having faith that He'll answer us, He will. He loves us. And wants to help us. Love you all! -Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment