Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Leih deih hou! - March 27, 2012

Leih deih hou!
How is everybody doing now? It sounds like an insane week but so much fun!! This week has gone by SO fast! I'm now on my 5th week here! Time truly has flown by fast! The older district that is going to Hong Kong leaves next week, and then we'll be considered the "older district". Yikes! I feel like I have SO much to learn before I go to Hong Kong, but I know that God will help me as long as I have faith in Him and His Son Jesus Christ. :)
That's so cool that were able to spend a couple of hours with some of the Invisible Children Roadies for a couple of hours, mom!! I bet that was just an amazing experience! They really are amazing people! So passionate and so willing to help those in need.
I'm not going to lie, I welled up a little bit reading about Lia and Sean. I'm so excited to meet both of them. They seem like wonderful people, and I'm so happy that we are blessed enough to have them in our eternal family. :)
Is everybody ready for general conference?! For those who don't know what general conference is, it is a meeting that is broadcasted all over the world where the leaders of the church and the prophet of the world speak about different topics to help strengthen our faith and help us have an even stronger relationship with God and Jesus Christ. I'm so excited for it! I love hearing the prophet and the general authorities speak. Also! I'll be singing in the choir for the Saturday Afternoon session of conference!! It's been such a privelege (sp?) to be a part of this choir with such talented conductors and to bear testimony of this gospel through music.
Some highlights of this week are:
-Elder Hazen and I performed my arrangement of Be Still My Soul in Sacrament Meeting on Sunday. He's an excellent musician so being able to accompany him was definitely a privelege. He and I would like to work on piano/violin arrangements of some of the hymns. He's a wonderful singer, but he's also very talented on the violin. One of the better violinists I've heard.
-I said goodbye to Elder Paxman! He left for Chile today! I saw Sister Shelton a couple of times, but I never was able to get a picture with her before she left today. When I said goodbye to Elder Paxman he said that David Archuleta is reporting to the MTC this Wednesday? I'm not surprised that he found that out because he has an excellent way of finding things out at random. Like when he knew exactly where to find me on my first day at the MTC. I love that elder, he'll touch many lives in Chile.
I love being here. My testimony of Jesus Christ and His gospel has been strengthened immensely. My testimony of the Book of Mormon and Bible truly being the word of God has strengthened. The scriptures are powerful evidence of Jesus being the Christ and God being our eternal, loving Heavenly Father. We are God's children and I get to preach to people about this amazing news! I get to teach about God's commandments and about His Son's atoning sacrifice so we can live with our families forever. So we can live with God again. So we can live in eternally happiness. I know this, because I have felt God's love. I have felt the Holy Spirit's influence. I know that through the Holy Spirit we can know of Jesus being the Christ. Of God being our loving Heavenly Father. Of the scriptures truly being the word of God. Of having a living prophet today. After Christ's apostles died, the world fell in to an apostasy where there was very little progression happening. But because of God's love, He called another prophet to restore His gospel and to restore the Church that Christ established on this earth. Joseph Smith truly was a prophet of God. Because of Him we have the everlasting gospel. We can know that our families are eternal and that we can live with them and our God again.
I love you all! Have a great week! :)
-Elder Johnson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment