Monday, March 26, 2012

Ga ting leih deih hou!!! - March 13, 2012

Ga ting leih deih hou!!!

Everyone says at the MTC the days go by so slow, but the weeks go by so fast. I've heard that many times, but I never fully understood the meaning of it until I entered the MTC. I love it here so much. SO much!! It is a place just FULL of knowledge! All we do is learn gospel doctrine and principles, learn how to teach, and learn how to speak our mission language. I love it so much!
It was great to hear from you mom and dad! I'm glad you are all doing well! Thanks for your inspiring words mom and dad! :) I didn't know that Cole got surgery! Was it just another minor surgery that he's had before on his feet? Or was it a bit more major than the other ones? How is he walking now?
(before I get too distracted) I'm so excited about Kony 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet Brianne is super busy right now! And Reid told me that mom and Sister Blaisdell were going to help out with the action kits? Awesome. Just awesome.
Now, back to the work. I love it here so much. This week was a blur, really, so I don't really know what to say.
I'll just talk more about why I love the MTC.
I don't think that I have ever felt this close to our Heavenly Father, and our Savior Jesus Christ. There are times where I get really frustrated with myself for not being able to teach our investigators everything that I want to tell them because of this language barrier. It really is so hard for me. I want them to know of the gospel of Jesus Christ so bad, but with the language barrier it's hard for us to be able to fully communicate with one another. This is where I have had to learn to let go of my pride and be willing to let the Lord guide me and help me. I don't think I have ever had to rely on Him so much in my life, but I need to because I know that through Him I can do anything. He is my strength and without Him I am nothing. As I began to rely on Him more, my progression in Cantonese has improved. Leaning on the Savior and having more faith in Him and in our Heavenly Father, I am able to feel the Holy Spirit as my constant companion. "And by the power of the Holy Ghost, ye may know the truth of all things." This is SO true! With the Holy Ghost, I have learned patience and understanding with myself as I learn more doctrine and more of the language.
I already love the people of Hong Kong so much. We have three teachers. Two served their missions in Hong Kong, and one served her mission in New York speaking Mandarin and English, but she grew up in Hong Kong.
Ding Ji Muih (Sister Daniels) told us that we are not going to get a break whenever she teaches (class time is long and hard, but SO awesome!). She said that if we do need a break we're not allowed to go back into the classroom until we have memorized two words in Cantonese, as the weeks go on she's going to make it harder. She powerfully told us that the people of Hong Kong are so close to her heart that she will not let us give up and take breaks because we need to spend every waking minute preparing to teach the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ to them. I have never felt that much love emenate from someone ever before.
"Pauline" ended up being one of our teachers! Her name is Dai Ji Muih (Sister Tai). She based her Pauline character off of her friend that was taking the missionary lessons a few years ago. Sister Tai is from Hong Kong, and thanked us for our willingness to learn her native language so we can go and serve the people of her hometown. She was almost to tears thanking us. I could tell that this gospel has truly blessed her life from her gratitude.
Our new investigator is Aa Heih. His dad is a member of the Church, and randomly decided to start reading the Book of Mormon. I'm excited to teach him.
Well, I have to go. I love you all so much! If you ever feel alone, discouraged, and worthless, know that you are none of the above. God is our Loving Heavenly Father and He loves us so much that He was willing to give His only Begotten Son to the world so that we could live with Him again.
I know this to be true.
-Elder Johnson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment