Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Leih Hou! -March 2, 2012

I am Doing alright and loving every minute of the MTC! The language is hard, the days are long and stressful, but I have never felt such love and energy from such a trying work. Yesterday was insane. It was out first full day at the MTC and we already know how to bare our testimony. We're going to be teaching someone today, so that is going to be an experience ;) After memorizing Alma 26:11-12 (it's all about being nothing without God), the day was a lot easier. I've been praying for humility and for my pride to be stripped away, and yesterday was a great lesson for me. My mind almost exploded with all of the Cantonese we learned. Then after not even 2 days I became the Sistrict leader. Dad & Mom, I don't know how you do it! Leadership is 5,000,000x more difficult than I had expected, and I expected it to be extremely difficult already! When we got back to our dorm I got a letter from Sister Castillo. Her letter was all about using God's strength, for without Him we are nothing. It was a great comfort. I was worried about failing at the language AND failing as a leader, but Sister Castillos letter was a reminder of my scripture that I had memorized earlier that day. In fact she used the quote "many mighty miracles" without meaning to quote it. That ended up being my favorite part of the scripture. I already love this work so much. I'm going to stop at nothing so this work can come forth. "No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing." Yeh Sou Gei Duk haih Sahn ge yih lieuh. Tong moaih ngoh drug haih keuih ige yih lieuh. Mo yih Muhn haih Sahn ge wah. Keuih ge wah gaau douh Yeh Sou Ghei Duk ge Fuk Yam. The Church is True! :) Elder Johnson :) P.S. Thanks for the letters Mom & Reid! I really appreciated them. Love you all! [The referenced letters were sent via www.dearelder.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment