Hi familia (ga ting)!
I hope you're all doing well. I'm loving being on a mission even more! Being a part of the missionary effort is so wonderful! The days go by slow, but the weeks go by fast!! It's the weirdest feeling!
Anyway, this week has gone by so fast, I honestly don't know what to say.
I think one of the best feelings that I had this passed week is when our district (now down to three people because the fourth moved up to the older district) taught A-Hei. Near the end of our lesson, I bore my testimony. It was definitely simple. It was most likely grammatically incorrect. I wasn't able to add a personal experience as to how I gained the testimony due to language barrier, but I bore what I knew to be true. As I did, I felt the Spirit so strong. This helped me realize that I truly going to be teaching the gospel in Hong Kong. It made me realize that I needed to not just memorize phrases, or words, but to learn the language. My purpose as a missionary is to help others come unto Christ by helping them recieve the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, recieving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. If I really want to achieve my purpose, I can't just memorize. I have to learn. I'm trying to be a lot more dilligent so I will not have any regret as I look back at my mission and my MTC experience.
That was so great to hear about Cole and Emma!! I'm glad that the wedding went well! That's too funny, although it doesn't surprise me that Cole and Emma were the show at the reception. I laughed out loud when I read that Emma giggled all the way down the aisle and then dumped all of the petals on the ground. I still laugh about that.
It sounds like you all are so busy!!! I'm glad to hear that! Busy is good. I love it here because we're always doing something, and during our breaks, we're still doing something.
P.S. Thank you to everyone that writes! If I don't respond quick, I'm sorry, it's super busy here! BUT PLEASE know that your letters are always so uplifting and I appreciate them so much.
That's too bad about Jason. I'll keep him in my prayers and everyone else helping out with that great cause.
This email probably is so scatter brained, so I'm sorry about that.
We watched The Testaments this Sunday. Has anyone seen it? If not, you should probably watch. It was so powerful. It helped me gain a stronger testimony of Christ. What He did for us is amazing, and I can't be grateful enough. Without Him we wouldn't be able to live again. Without His miraculous Resurrection, we wouldn't be able to live with our families forever, we wouldn't be able to live with God again. Without His Atonement, we would have no possible way to live with God again. Being willing to go through the pains, the guilt, and the afflictions that every single one of us have felt, is so selfless, and I cannot be grateful enough for His Love and our Father in Heaven's love. Being willing to send His only Begotten Son and watch Him suffer and then withdraw from Him is unimaginable. "How great thou art."
Time is running out, so I have to go, but I love you all. If you have not read the Book of Mormon, please read it. Just try it out. You can't get through two or three verses without learning more about Christ.
-Elder Johnson :)
No comments:
Post a Comment