Monday, November 5, 2012

October 28, 2012-I apparently forgot to post

Hello!

This week was just superb! We've been really trying to strengthen the ward even more and have been meeting with the leaders of the ward to. Wow. I feel so silly not working with them this close ever before. This is my fourth move in Hong Kong, and we're just starting to really work with the leaders in Yuen Long. It's really amazing to see the vision each inspired leader has for their class or quorum and find out how we can help them accomplish this vision that they have. It causes full-time missionary work and member missionary work to become as one and turn into just missionary work! Wow! I love the members here, they are great. Kristin told me that back home your missionaries sent a thank you note! Something so simple is such an amazing way to help members and missionaries have a stronger relationship. 

I'm not really sure what to say right now.

I guess I'll talk about something that I've been thinking about for the passed couple of weeks and that would be sacrifice. (That's quite a hook.) By sacrifice I mean to really give your all to the Lord. It's really important to serve God with all of our hearts, all our might, all of our mind, and all of our strength. As we are given a very special responsibility (also known as callings) we are called to serve in that position and serve in that position as the best you can possibly be. We all have our different strengths and we all have our different weaknesses, but this is the reason we are given the opportunity to serve God in different callings so that we can use our strengths and even our weaknesses (Ether 12:27) to help others receive the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and to serve our Father in Heaven. 
This can even apply to life as well. Love what you are doing for work, love what you're doing with your family, love what you're doing in life, and when I say love what you're doing, I really mean love what you are doing. As you go throughout life, Heavenly Father will bless you with opportunities to serve others. Magnify the blessings that Father in Heaven has blessed you with. Be the best teacher you can possibly be, be the best student you can possibly be, be the best doctor you can possibly be. Be the best that you can be not for the money, not for the recognition, not for anything except for your love for God. Let everything that you do allow the light of Christ shine through you for others to see and emulate. I promise that as you do, Heavenly Father will pour more blessings than you can imagine into your life. Always remember our Father in Heaven and our Savior Jesus Christ. Let your actions be a testimony of your love for them and for a sign of gratitude in what they have already blessed you with and what you will be blessed with in the times to come.
Just remember them. Always keep them in your mind, and everything that needs to happen will happen to fully obtain the blessings Heavenly Father is so eager to bless you with. 

I love you all. Stay strong and keep the faith. Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ are there for you.

Love you all,

Elder Johnson :)


--
Elder Timothy Johnson
China Hong Kong Mission
18 Dorscet Crescent
Kowloon Tong
Kowloon
Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment