Hi dad!
How are you doing???? Today is the last day of Thursday preparation day and will now be on Monday! Yup that's right! This coming Monday is yet another preparation day, BUT that doesn't mean we have two preparation days. Just one. On Monday. Yay.
It sounds like Stake Conference was amazing! That's so exciting that mission prep now includes young women and also starts even earlier!! Wow, I love that so many people will be serving missions now!!!!!!!!!!
This passed weekend we watched General Conference! Oh lanta, it was amazing. For those who don't know what General Conference is, twice a year the leaders of our church will give talks about whatever gospel related subject they feel the need to speak about. We also believe like in the times of the Old Testament, there are Prophets and Apostles on the earth today, like Moses, Abraham, and Elijah. Through the restored gospel of Christ they hold all the keys of the priesthood- the authority to act in God's name- as did the prophets of old.
Elder Holland's talk was very powerful- it definitely caused me to want to work MUCH harder. He spoke of not only having a testimony, but also sharing your testimony. As Christ was resurrected He instructed His Apostle, Peter to keep preaching the gospel rather than merely going back to his trade after the death of Christ. Quite the speaker, he is.
As for the Saturday night session- that's so great how powerful the meeting was on temples. Today we did a temple session and the Spirit was so strong. The inside was so beautiful and caused me to think of the talk from General Conference about the inside of the temple needing to be perfect inside, a tiny error in the interior is not sufficient. The inside must be perfect for the temple to worship our God. As I think of that, this is kind of how we need to be living our lives. Yes, we may seem like we're active, strong members in our faith, but where is our heart? Even though we outwardly seem that we are living our faith, are we inwardly living our faith? I'm not saying that we must be completely perfect, that's impossible, that's the reason that Heavenly Father sent His Son, even Jesus Christ, to be sacrificed for us, but are we striving to live better lives? Are we constantly repenting? Are we partaking the Sacrament because it's a mere weekly habit, or are we partaking of it to take full advantage of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and to become born again? Do we look forward to partaking of the Sacrament, or do we go to church because we have to?
As we inwardly live our religion, we will become closer to Heavenly Father and to our Savior, Jesus Christ.
That's so great about that missionary that you talked to at home. He sounds like he must be an amazing missionary with that much passion for the work! That's so awesome!
This week was great. A lot more happened than last week. Someone who had been less active for so many years that she didn't know what the restoration of the gospel meant randomly came to watch General Conference with Hong Shui Kiu sister missionaries's investigator (the lady ended up being the investigator's sister-in-law!!!). I'm so excited to teach her again and help her remember the great principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I really am so grateful to be able to serve God and His children. I'm so grateful that I can be the instrument in the Lord's hands to help the people of Hong Kong learn more about Christ. I'm so grateful for this gospel. I know it is true. I cannot deny the feelings that I have felt as I have asked Heavenly Father if these things are true or not. I know for a fact that Joseph Smith was a true prophet, and through him, Jesus Christ restored His church back onto the Earth. I know that Heavenly Father knew that many people would doubt this glorious message so He brought forth the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ that fully supports the teachings of the Holy Bible as powerful evidence that this church is the true church on this earth.
I know that through the restored gospel, we can live with those we love the most for not only time, but also for eternity.
I love you all, and I hope you have a great week!
Talk to you Monday! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment