Thursday, September 6, 2012

Sept 6, 2012

[sorry no posts the last couple weeks. We ended up email chatting and there wasn't much to post but you get 2 this week.]

Mmmm, spinach lasagna sounds wonderful! Thank you for that celebratory experience. :) 

Yikes! Saturday sounded like no fun, but that's awesome that dad repaired the alternator!! Way to go dad!!!!


I'm glad that you all are doing well! :) Sounds like everyone's life is pretty exciting!!! Tell Ashley that I hope she gets better!! :))

We've had two baptisms in my 2nd transfer! Other than them, there haven't been too much immediate success but definitely a lot of opportunities to teach many people, plant seeds and be good examples to show that we really aren't an evil church. One time an old popo fell down and we were able to help her up. She was so kind. I really love the people here. They're pretty great. :) They're usually not free at the moment when we try to talk to them, but if we need help finding a place they'll be more than willing to let us know how to get there. If it's SUPER hot outside and we're sweating a ton, a popo (grandma) or suk suk (grandpa) will make sure to let us know that we need to drink more water because it's too hot outside. I love it. The people are so kind to us.

This week really has been amazing. Trying, difficult, and full of growth...like I said. Amazing. It's really amazing what can be accomplished when truly having faith in the Savior and really relying on Him. There are many times when I realize why such young, still maturing kids are sent forth to do the work of the Lord. This week was one of those times. I'm really gaining a testimony on the Savior and learning to rely on Him. 

I love you mom, I really thank you so much for your support, love and help. You're really great! Add oil!

Love ya! :)

-Elder Tim :)



[number 2:]



Real quick testimony for those who read the blog.

I know that relying on Christ and believing in Him gives us more power to overcome anything than we have when we rely only on ourselves to overcome our challenges. I know this is short, but I want you all to know that I know this with every bone in my body and from the bottom of my heart. I've been called of God to testify of Christ, and so I will, in the name of the Savior, even Jesus Christ, Amen. 

-Elder Johnson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment