Sorry for not emailing yesterday. It was SO BUSY!!!!!!!
Yesterday, after three moves, my trainer and I were separated. I'm really gonna miss that kid. SUCH a powerful missionary and has definitely taught me a TON about the gospel and missionary work. Definitely gonna miss him. I'm still in Yuen Long but he went over to Tai Wai in Tolo Harbor. A lot of craziness has happened within the passed week.
This weekend was stake conference in the new chapel they just finished building! It's the size of a regular chapel but two stories!!! It's the new New Territories Stake Stake Center (surprisingly, no typos in the phrase). BUT the coolest thing that happened this weekend was all of the miracles that we saw!! :) A TON of less actives came to Stake Conference and a quite a few of our investigators came to church too! Seriously, miracles happen everyday. We just need to humble ourselves to be willing to witness them.
When we were at Stake Conference, our mission president came to speak. Right before stake conference he showed us the new boundaries because there's going to be a new ward in the new territories and a new area within Yuen Long 1st ward boundaries. He also told us that the Yuen Long sister missionaries are going to be serving in Yuen Long 2nd ward and the elders will be serving in Yuen Long 1st ward rather than both companionships being in both wards. So. There has been quite a bit of changes lately. We also moved apartments! It's a really great place to live, and we're living a lot closer to our area now (thank goodness). :)
Thank you so much for the birthday box!!! I really appreciate y'all's love.(how do you say the plural of "you" in the possessive tense?) But really though, thank you so much. I'm excited to get it and see all of your lovely faces. ;) Sending to the mission home is just perfect, thank you so much! :))
Wow. It's amazing how fast time flies. I've already been out for 7 months! Yikes!!!
I really love Christ. The more I learn about Him and His Atonement the more I'm grateful for His sacrifice. You know, eternal life must be an amazing, glorious thing. Being separated from God for a period of time and God allowing His Son suffer and die really helps me understand that eternal life has a very powerful meaning. Elder Holland was talking about how people sometimes complain why missionary work is so hard. A simple paraphrase of his answer is,"Because exaltation was never cheap."
Christ really did feel every pain, weakness, and temptation that each of us have faced. Through His power we can truly overcome these things because he already has. His willingness to die for each individual still blows my mind. That much love within a person is very admirable. I really want to become more like my Savior. I feel that He's one of my best friends. I look up to Him so much.
I really hope you all are striving to get to know our Savior even more. I hope you all are striving and preparing to live with Him someday. I want you to, but more importantly He wants you to. He has so much love for you. He knows the trials you are facing right now because He's already faced them. Please remember though, He's overcome them as well. If you have faith in our Savior Jesus Christ and lean on Him, you to will overcome your trials. He loves you and is waiting for you with open arms.
I love you all. :)
-Elder Johnson :)
"How do you say the plural of "you" in the possessive tense?"
ReplyDeleteIt seems to me that nobody really knows. By the book, I believe it would be "your". That is also the same word used for singular possessive "you", which I think is what makes it confusing. Society has defaulted to "You guys'" or "yall's" depending on where you are from. Fun stuff.