So this week, I probably won't have time to write a letter to everybody, but I definitely want to get this to you and the family before I have to go.
Sorry for not emailing earlier, yesterday was in.sane. (temple, straight to EEFY, straight to a lesson, straight to grocery shopping and by the end, the library was closed) and last week we got on the computers earlier than usual which is why I couldn't respond very well to this email you sent me, BUT now I can, yay!!! #runonsentence
I love the photos SO much!!! I'm sorry that I haven't sent any letters or pictures to you all, yet. One of these days I will, promise!!!
Wow! It sound like you've been pretty busy! How do you like your new position at work??? [Dad: I don't have a new position.] How is it going??? Are you a bit busier?? Proposals and mentoring sounds amazing!!! Mentoring and teaching is definitely something I'd love to do. I've been thinking a lot about doing something for work involving people with special needs around the world. My whole life every time I've seen and met with people with special needs I've always had this immediate love for them. I really feel the Spirit and a strong love for them whenever we would talk. I'm not sure if this is just another idea of what I want to do, but I've really been thinking about that lately.
I'd like to learn Cantonese sign language. I've ran into quite a few people that are deaf on the street and while tracting. I always feel bad smiling and waving goodbye because of not being able to share with them the gospel due to an unexpected language barrier. There are quite a few people in our wards that are deaf and one of our investigators' parents are also deaf. So I definitely have the chance to be able to learn simple phrases to help them come unto Christ and then have interpreters in later lessons. It's just the initial meeting and scheduling that I need to know how to do to help them have a chance to get to know the amazing gospel of Jesus Christ.
As for the scripture...I'm sorry I haven't even thought of it. I'm also very indecisive. I'll try to find a good one this week that I'd like on my plaque. Sorry!! :) But I did have a great time with our summer missionary. I was stressed a bit more than usual, but it was a great time to learn and grow and appreciate my trainer even more. Growth tends to be painful, but it also tends to be worth it in the end. :)
Sundays must be insane for those sisters! Sundays are probably our busiest days and we only cover two wards with another set of missionaries! (Each ward in Hong Kong has a set of Elders and a set of Sisters...not sure why) Keep encouraging them. Covering three areas would be really difficult. We cover two, and we're always running all over the place. (quite literally) They must be an amazing set of sisters being trusted by the Lord to cover 3 areas.
School sounds like a lot of fun! Kristin has been keeping me updated. She sounds like she's back to loving school a ton again! With her learning of Spanish and whatnot!! Add oil!!
How's Emma doing? Is she still seizure-less? Have you all been taking quite a few trips to the doctor? She's amazing. Is she loving school? Mom told me about Emma not liking another classmates behavior. Haha :)
Sounds like Cole's doing great as well! Is he loving 2nd grade?? I loved 2nd grade. Mrs. Filson she always had us doing art projects....anyways. :)
That's amazing what you've done for those kids. Really. Before my mission I had always wanted to sit at a table and have lunch with someone who has made a huge impact to the world. Then one night when I was with you, mom, lee, and Brother and Sister Blaisdell, you four were talking about adoption laws in China and property laws in Africa. Then it hit me-I've had people who have made a huge impact to the world living with me and around me my whole life. It's amazing what you and mom are doing. I love you two so much.
It sounds like Prado View is just partying it up as usual. ;) I hope everything and everyone is doing great back in the States. I love you dad! I really appreciate your hard work and selflessness. I love you so much. Have a good week. :)
-Elder Tim
P.S. How's Sarah ? How's her health? Is she still working? How does she like her job? I love her so much.
P.P.S. How's Reid and his family doing?? I bet med school is craziness! But he's awesome. He can do anything. I love him so much.
(I got an email from Ashley. I love her so much.)
Ok. I really do have to go. I love you, dad.
Bye! :)
I'd like to learn Cantonese sign language. I've ran into quite a few people that are deaf on the street and while tracting. I always feel bad smiling and waving goodbye because of not being able to share with them the gospel due to an unexpected language barrier. There are quite a few people in our wards that are deaf and one of our investigators' parents are also deaf. So I definitely have the chance to be able to learn simple phrases to help them come unto Christ and then have interpreters in later lessons. It's just the initial meeting and scheduling that I need to know how to do to help them have a chance to get to know the amazing gospel of Jesus Christ.
As for the scripture...I'm sorry I haven't even thought of it. I'm also very indecisive. I'll try to find a good one this week that I'd like on my plaque. Sorry!! :) But I did have a great time with our summer missionary. I was stressed a bit more than usual, but it was a great time to learn and grow and appreciate my trainer even more. Growth tends to be painful, but it also tends to be worth it in the end. :)
Sundays must be insane for those sisters! Sundays are probably our busiest days and we only cover two wards with another set of missionaries! (Each ward in Hong Kong has a set of Elders and a set of Sisters...not sure why) Keep encouraging them. Covering three areas would be really difficult. We cover two, and we're always running all over the place. (quite literally) They must be an amazing set of sisters being trusted by the Lord to cover 3 areas.
School sounds like a lot of fun! Kristin has been keeping me updated. She sounds like she's back to loving school a ton again! With her learning of Spanish and whatnot!! Add oil!!
How's Emma doing? Is she still seizure-less? Have you all been taking quite a few trips to the doctor? She's amazing. Is she loving school? Mom told me about Emma not liking another classmates behavior. Haha :)
Sounds like Cole's doing great as well! Is he loving 2nd grade?? I loved 2nd grade. Mrs. Filson she always had us doing art projects....anyways. :)
That's amazing what you've done for those kids. Really. Before my mission I had always wanted to sit at a table and have lunch with someone who has made a huge impact to the world. Then one night when I was with you, mom, lee, and Brother and Sister Blaisdell, you four were talking about adoption laws in China and property laws in Africa. Then it hit me-I've had people who have made a huge impact to the world living with me and around me my whole life. It's amazing what you and mom are doing. I love you two so much.
It sounds like Prado View is just partying it up as usual. ;) I hope everything and everyone is doing great back in the States. I love you dad! I really appreciate your hard work and selflessness. I love you so much. Have a good week. :)
-Elder Tim
P.S. How's Sarah ? How's her health? Is she still working? How does she like her job? I love her so much.
P.P.S. How's Reid and his family doing?? I bet med school is craziness! But he's awesome. He can do anything. I love him so much.
(I got an email from Ashley. I love her so much.)
Ok. I really do have to go. I love you, dad.
Bye! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment