Elder Timothy Johnson's Journey to teach the gosel in the Hong Kong, Kow Loon Mission
Thursday, June 28, 2012
June 28, 2012
Hey mom!! :)
I don't have much time to write, so I apologize in advanced for a short email.
Your summer trip to Wyoming sounds SO awesome! Also, I had no idea that Thermopolis is actually a place. It sounds like a fake city name you jot down in the address box when you sign up for something when all you really want is that reward that comes with signing up. But that's so cool that you're actually going to THE Thermopolis. That's pretty exciting. Not many people can claim they've gone there.
The baby's name is Jonas? I was rooting for Thor, but Jonas will suffice.
But really though, I really like the name! When is he due? Susie and Reid! Child #2! So exciting! Take a lot of pictures when you visit them!
Speaking of pictures could you email me some pictures?
Also that's so cool that Reid's learning the banjo! I love hearing a good banjo riff. Did I just say that?
The ukulele would be SO awesome to learn, mom!
The Band Johnson. #countrymusichumor
I like the sound of that name. It'll work.
It's so amazing to see how you can lose yourself in the work, mom. It sounds like you and dad are just amazing servants of the Lord!
You two really cause me to want to work harder. In any calling that you two have you because the best ____ you can be. When dad was helping the scouts, he cared so much about them and tried to be the best scout leader he could be. Hearing all the great things you've been doing in relief society tells me that you have really been trying to be the best relief society counselor you can be. You two are the epitome of losing yourself in the work and it's much appreciated by everyone you come in contact with.
I think losing yourself in the work isn't necessarily just for missionaries. Losing yourself in the work to help build God's kingdom is so important. If you are the ward organist, be the best ward organist that you can be. If you are on the activities committee, be the best member of the activities committee that you can possibly be. You are called of God. He knows what calling He wants you to have at this very moment. He trusts you. He knows that you will be an amazing asset to building up His kingdom, so be the best that you can be and you will receive more blessings from God than you can even handle. He loves us. He wants us to do well in life. He really is watching over us and wants us to succeed. We can succeed if we choose to succeed. I know that God loves us so much. We are His family. We are His children. Through His gospel we can return to Him. This is why I want to serve a mission. To help His children to return back to His presence.
I love you all!! I hope you have a great week!!!!!
P.S. Sorry for not having a funny experience this week. I'll try to be funnier next week. ;)
P.P.S. HAPPY (ALMOST) BIRTHDAY KRISTIN!!!!! 10, right?! Oh...17? Let's just stick with 10. I don't like thinking about you almost being an adult. That's just not ok. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Susie does have an ancestor named Thor. Oh and one named Axle. I'm pretty sure thats why she is a super hero. Its in her blood. Thor Axle Johnson. We're tucking this one away and saving it for our next boy. None of you reading this better take it.
ReplyDelete