Thursday, June 21, 2012

June 13, 2012

Hello Mom!!!! :) Funny things of the week: I realized when I get back from my mission, I may or may not have impolite manners. The thing is first of all, personal bubbles don't exist here. With 7 million+ people living here there's no room for personal space. So if you ever find me breathing down someone's neck it's not to intimidate. It's just because I've forgotten what personal space is. There's a particle that you can put at the end of sentences that means "duh!!" or "obviously!!" and it's not rude to say. It's actually quite normal. So if I say something to the manner of "I'm cleaning my room-duh." Please don't get offended. I apoligize in advanced. ;) I will probably chew with my mouth open and possibly talk with my mouth full while scraping food into my mouth. Face level with the plate. That's just how we do. I may or may not call you and dad "mommy" and "daddy". It's a normal thing here. Grown men say "ma mi" and "de di" along with 5 year girls.  When someone's in my way, all I need to shout is PLEASEEE or THANK YOU!!!! and it's not rude. So. yeah.  I apologize in advance if I end doing one or two or all of these things when I get back. WOW! You all sound so busy!!!! The trampoline and playground thing SOUNDS SO AWESOME!!! How big is the trampoline? Mom, you're amazing. I'm sure that the meeting with Relief Society will be outstanding! And the door!!!! That's so awesome that you were able to strip the door's color and bring back it's original oak look!!!! I want a picture!!!  It sounds like the adoptions are moving along...slowly...but it's better than not, right??? :) I hope that you will be able to go sometime soon! After my twelfth week I might be out of Yuen Long. and Yuen Long is the closest to mainland I can get in this mission!  My knee is actually doing SO WELL!!! It really has gotten a lot a better since I've been in Hong Kong. I'm not too sure as to why, but it just is. It feels SO MUCH healthier and not as "old man" like anymore. It's great. :) My health is great. My companion is really good at forcing me to not be so terribly stingy as I am. I have to go now, but read Alma 32! It's good. :) I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!! Sorry for a short letter, I'll send a longer one next week! I love you!!! -Elder Johnson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment